Our friends from Collybia.com
released the MamboBerry, a new DAC for Raspberry and great news: they also sell our case in a Media Hifi Player produc kit
. Here are some infos :
Mamboberry HiFi DAC+ (192kHz/24bit)
The MAMBOBERRY HiFi DAC+ is a high-resolution digital-to-analog converter(DAC) for the Raspberry Pi models A+/B+ and 2B/Zero/Pi 3!. Specially designed to deliver the best audio playback quality, and also an ultra low power� supply ! with 1A power ability, for the Raspberry Pi models
Special design ! – Low noise power supply & HD DXD 352.8Khz D.A.C. in one board !
Design based at famous “MAMBO DAC” series !
Mamboberry HiFi DAC+ with the “Time Domain Jitter Eliminator” technology from SABRE
in addition with the low-jitter oscillator(Xpreso Fox), lower the jitter as much as possible.
“Very low jitter is our goal and with ‘Time Domain Jitter Eliminator’ by Sabre, we are now done with it”
� Mambo Media HiFi Player!
- Only one 6volt AC or 9volt DC external power supply needed for both, Mamboberry HiFi DAC+ and the Raspberry Pi, no need for USB power supply anymore
- Dedicated high-quality SABRE DAC for best sound quality(Sabre9023p dac chip)
- Capable of Digital eXtreme Definition DXD 352.8Khz playback !
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- No soldering. Comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi A+/B+ and 2B/Zero, conform to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi models A+/B+ & Pi2/Zero/Pi 3!
- Dual Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator for optimal audio performance
- Available with output connectors: RCA�
- Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi.
- Bidirectional powered! back-powered ability via io40pin port for the Raspberry Pi from linear power supply of DAC, or the DAC powered from the Raspberry Pi !�
- Uses the I2S signals for pure digital audio transfer to improve the sound quality ! and reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions �
- Nichcon UQ audio series main filter caps�
- Elna rvo audio series local caps�
- Xpreso Fox low jitter oscillator�
- Susumu low noise resistors�
- Texas instrument ultra low noise dual power supply
- EVOX PFR in low pass filter !
- Skotsky diode bridge rectifier
No more “noisy” switching power supply !!
Just connect a 6 Volt 2A AC transformer(or 9V 2A DC) and the on board ultra low noise regulator
� will supply the RPi board with clean linear low noise power.
The result is an extremely high quality sound !
The board work also perfect as i2s DAC & ultra low noise power supply and can be easily connected with any USB TO I2S board! like amanero, xmos, cm6631a or any other board you like.